41 weeks. How did we get here??
With how big this baby boy has been measuring, I really did not expect to be posting a week 41 update! I thought Baby would have been here two weeks ago - 1 week ago tops. Silly Mommy...
This past Saturday evening my doctor called and offered to induce me Sunday morning (he had an opening). Boy that was tempting. It was hard to turn down when I am so uncomfortable and haven't really had anything happening. I mean, it's Tuesday now. I could have had Baby in my arms already! But I did say no.
So today we had my 41 week appointment. I am SO grateful to say that I finally was about 2-3cm dilated and Doc said there was no reason to talk about inducing with the progress I was (finally) making. Baby has dropped a little bit... and I had a contraction right there on the table while he was measuring my stomach. He stripped my membranes and informed me Thursday around 2:30 would be a good time to have the baby because it would get him out of doing Thanksgiving dishes! Ha!
So, little man is healthy and just taking his sweet time. If he's going to be like this his whole life, this will be a challenge to his mommy. I hate being late. 😉
So now, feeling relieved (I really wasn't sure how well I'd handle a push to induce), I am relaxing and cuddling with my sweet Aaron.
Speaking of Aaron - he really is a treasure. Every time I show any pain, he is immediately concerned and wanting to help. And he sings so sweetly all of the time. He melts his mama's heart.
Singing "Mama's little boy"
I am so very blessed.


God is good! Jess your a beautiful mom both inside and out, Tyler your a great daddy, Aaron you warm my heart and put smiles on my face, you'll be a great big brother. Alan and I continue to lift you 4 up in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear of your arrival. Lots to be thankful for! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteGod is good! Jess your a beautiful mom both inside and out, Tyler your a great daddy, Aaron you warm my heart and put smiles on my face, you'll be a great big brother. Alan and I continue to lift you 4 up in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear of your arrival. Lots to be thankful for! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete