Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daily Photographs #3

One of my favorite routes home from Wal-Mart (an almost daily run) is on this windy dirt road, intersected with railroad crossings.

So last night, Wally and I went out for a drive.  He ran and nearly yanked me over on his leash (held between my legs), while I photographed whatever I could.

It turned out to be another one of those situations where I really wished I had a high-quality telephoto lens. Or any telephoto lens for that matter.  I did what I could with what I had.

These photos are a little boring, but hey.  At least I did it.







(I don't know exactly why, but I think I like the colors of this one)

When I made it home, I realized I missed out on a fantastic photo opportunity!
On this particular dirt road, I got stuck.  Stuck stuck.  And I wasn't even off the road!  One tire was over a little too far- it sure didn't look like a ditch.
After much digging, trying to use floor mats for traction, and major frustration, someone finally ventured down this lonely road and stopped to help me.  All it took was a little push and POP! out I went.

Um, the tires might be a little balding... yes balding.  I refuse to admit that they're already displaying the male pattern baldness.  Wait, what?
It was a funny sight, that's for sure.  And I wish I would have taken a photo.  It's not like I didn't have my camera!

I'll learn.  Please don't give up hope.

1 comment:

  1. I love your daily photos...that sign and railroad track have never looked so inviting! But, hey, sorry about the getting stuck thing. On those back roads you were lucky to have someone drive by....lonely winter backroads.

    ReplyDelete