Today is one of those really rough Momming days.
It's not even noon and Aaron has been in tears (or fits) most of the day. The front of his t-shirt is soaked from the tears and the stream of drool that comes from his open mouthed sobs.
This, I'm sure, is compounded by lack of sleep from his last two nights of restlessness. He's been tossing, flailing, crying, screaming, all night long for the last two nights. And of course, yesterday he refused to nap.
This mama has been in tears herself, from the sheer exhaustion. I am losing patience, losing compassion, and finding frustration and a short temper.
But this isn't like my son. Something is going on with him.
I don't think it's teeth. Perhaps growing pains? Actually, I'm pretty sure it's constipation pains. Poor guy hasn't pooped in almost a week. I am trying every good food I can think of. Today we're drinking straight up prune juice. And if that doesn't work, I have some Miralax for some relief while we continue to work on fixing the problem behind the symptoms. We've struggled with this his entire life.
This was a bad week to decide on the "No Pacifier except for Nap and Bedtime" rule...
Pray for both of us.
On the plus side, when he finally calms down enough to let me comfort-cuddle him, it's pretty sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment