Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread Throwdown 2010

When Tyler and I were dating, we thought it would be fun to build ginger bread houses with my littlest brother and sister.

This was such a success, that it has become a tradition.  This year was our third year creating these masterpieces.

For months, the kids drew up plans, determined to outdo Tyler this year.  They'd send me on missions to discover his plans, and swear me to secrecy to protect theirs.

Finally, the day came to build!


Greyson joined us this year.  I don't think his heart was totally in it.  This undecorated jumble above was named cardboard ghetto.  Maybe next year, Grey?


This beauty is Ellie's.  She built a beautiful snow-covered front porch, peaked roof and chimney, complete with bushes and a snowman out front.

Isaac stayed very true to his plans.  He made a chimney with candy-cane smoke drifting out the top.  With Tyler's help to make it stable, he built a beautiful gingerbread house!


Once again, Tyler blew us all away.  This year he decided to keep it simple.  He built a manger.  He has a SourPatch Kid baby Jesus, three Sour Patch Kid wisemen, and the three candy-canes symbolize shepherd crooks.  Oh, and the camel, bear and lion animal crackers just complete the picture.

I suppose I'll show you mine.  I also attempted a front porch, but I must say: Ellie did it far better.  I have nothing else to say about it.

Next year I'll take Tyler down!

1 comment: